STATEMENT OF FAITH
OneBook staff, board and volunteers embrace the following truths, allowing them to guide our words, actions, and attitudes:
1. We believe the Bible, the inspired Word of God, is completely trustworthy in its original language/form, speaking with
supreme authority in all matters of belief and practice.
2. We believe in one God, who exists eternally in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe all people, being created in the image of God, have intrinsic value, but as a result of sin are alienated from
God and each other, and therefore in need of reconciliation with God and with each other.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, is fully God and fully human; He demonstrated
God’s love for sinners by suffering the penalty of death in their place, rose bodily from the dead and ascended to
heaven where He intercedes for His people.
5. We believe all who repent and trust in Jesus Christ alone as Lord and Saviour are, by the grace of God, declared to be right with Him, receiving forgiveness and eternal life.
6. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ will return personally in glory, raise the dead, and judge the world.
7. We believe all people will rise from the dead, those who are in Christ to enjoy eternal life with God, and those who are lost to suffer eternal separation from Him.
8. We believe in the Holy Spirit who imparts new life to those who believe in Christ; through His indwelling presence and transforming power He gives assurance and equips believers for holy living and effective service.
9. We believe the Church is the body of Christ, the fellowship of all believers, and is commissioned to make disciples of all nations.